About Me

My photo
I have opinions but most of them are bullcrap. Its been more than a year since I have started blogging but all the stuff I write still sound gibberish. I guess I will just keep writing and hopefully someday I will be able to come up with something witty :).

Friday, April 29, 2011

Nothing Ever Happens

I had been listening to the song, “Nothing Ever Happens” sung by Rachel Platten and as I hummed along the lyrics, they make me realize how hopelessly I am waiting for things to happen and that is where I exactly am going wrong!
I have been waiting on happiness for such a long time to come knock on my door that I didn’t even realize things never happen on its own. If we really want something to happen then we got to make it happen.
Most of the times we complain and whine, hoping someday everything will get better. We sit there waiting for things to happen on their own deluding on happily ever after. And despite the fact that we are too reluctant to take chances we don’t quit claiming our rights on happiness. Furthermore we don’t even want to fight for it yet we firmly believe in our victory. But the bottom line is things don’t change on its own. If you crave for a change and want things to be the way you want them to be then you need to buckle up, face the hurdles, snatch it by the neck and slam it on the floor to get nearer to the things you deserve.
Being afraid will only keep you from the things you always wanted and deserved. Even a baby needs to cry out to its mother when it’s hungry. Therefore always remember, when you get that courage to take the risk, it will be the only time when you will start getting closer to your destination. Because no matter what people say, the truth is every thing has a price tag on it. Even though we believe we can’t buy happiness the truth is that to achieve happiness we do have to pay a price. It may not necessarily be in the form of money, but we do pay for it in various ways.
My point is although money can’t buy us happiness in kilos/liters, money obviously can buy us things that will make us happy. However even though money plays vital role in our life I am not trying to single out money as the only way of gaining happiness. In my opinion we pay for happiness in various ways. We pay for it with the energy we put in to achieve it, the time, the emotion and most importantly we risk what we have in order to achieve it.
So, people don’t be afraid to stick out your tongue and taste the fresh air. Go ahead take chances, make mistakes and learn. You can take the chance or you can choose not to take the chance and end up growing old filled with regrets, waiting to die alone(#Inception).
Therefore don’t be afraid to lose but be proud of what you have been through and look forward to what you can possibly gain.  Don’t ever wait for things to happen but make things happen for you. Yes, of course there will be a price to pay and there will be times when all you want to do is crumble down and say, “I quit”, you will doubt your decisions and temptations will haunt you to make you give up, but always remember that if you make through it, you will finally be at home.
So don’t hold yourself. Muster up every ounce of courage in you and take that leap of faith.

1 comment:

  1. as i always say nothing is and nothing comes automatic;) u've to work through!!

    ReplyDelete