About Me

My photo
I have opinions but most of them are bullcrap. Its been more than a year since I have started blogging but all the stuff I write still sound gibberish. I guess I will just keep writing and hopefully someday I will be able to come up with something witty :).

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ACHARYA

Not so confident about the whole movie being entertaining or intresting but still not feeling like letting down a friend who had insisted so much on watching the much awaited Nepalese movie “Acharya”, I accompanied my friend to the theater halfheartedly. 
As we waited for the movie to start I still was thinking, "Why the hell am I here?" But I must say having expected the least out of this movie I was surprised to be so happy and proud to watch it! Unlike other commercial Nepali movies it had an inspirational story and the whole movie making and the actors this movie worth watching! Moreover this movie didn't have what most of the Nepalese commercial movies have; absurd acting/dialogues which makes our stomach churn every time we watch them and neither were there any cheap clothing in the name of fashion! The most refreshing aspect of the movie was absence of much used tacky/slapstick sense of humor that we get to see in every other Nepalese movies. 

The movie Acharya is a real life story of vajan siromani – Bhakta Raj Acharya. The movie tells us about the struggle of the singer and the songs in the movie are his original hits and his compositions. The elder son of Bhakta Raj Acharya, singer Satya Raj Acharya has turned himself into an actor to portray his father in the movie. I guess being his real life son and knowing his father very closely Satya Raj Acharya has beautifully blended with the role without overpowering the character with over acting. All the other actors have equally contributed and have saved the movie from the most common error of over acting that we can find in several Nepalese cinemas. The dialogues are also very simple yet very soothing and refreshing with the accents from eastern part of the country.
After really long time I was happy to see a Nepalese movie that really had meaning and quality. I could not resist writing about it because it really touched my heart! Now how many movies get applauded for? Yes, as the movie climaxed everyone in the theatre honored it with a standing ovation! Now that is something we all had been waiting for and it finally happened. I really think director Prashant Rasaili has done fabulous job with this movie and the whole crew of the movie equally put an effort to make this movie such a huge hit.

Cheers to the movie’s cast and crews :)

No comments:

Post a Comment